This week I pushed out a new version of mp4meta, my script to apply iTunes style metadata to a video (see my introduction post for information on what mp4meta does).

This is a completely re-written implementation which I have been using for a few months, but had forgot to release. The main new feature is the addition of the TVDB as a source for TV series’. I have also added the ability to search multiple sources for information, fixed a number of bugs and improved the tests.

With this new release mp4meta is much more reliable. I have used mp4meta to import over 30 days worth of DVD’s into iTunes, so I can enjoy my videos on my iPad and my Apple TV. I can’t remember the last time it failed to find and apply the metadata.

To install, see my introduction post. To update, do cpanm App::MP4Meta. The source is available on GitHub.